NOVEMBER 1, 2021
OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
We understand the importance of privacy this policy is designed to assist you in how we collect, use, and protect the personal information you provide to us.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit our site (SITE), we collect two types of information: personal information you actively choose to disclose (“ACTIVE INFORMATION”) and information not visible to you that arises from you accessing areas of our site (PASSIVE INFORMATION).
ACTIVE INFORMATION: Is information collected on the SITE when you actively submit any information into the SITE including but not limited to name, address, phone number, cell phone number, SMS/MMS data, or email information.
PASSIVE INFORMATION: Is information we store and collect from your use of the SITE on an aggregate and anonymous basis. This information may include technical information such as your Internet protocol address (IP address), your device operating systems, browser type, cookies, and an address of a referring website or any other path you take to reach and engage with the SITE.
AGGREGATE INFORMATION: refers to information that does not by itself identify you as a specific individual and would include in the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the website that referred you to our SITE, your IP ADDRESS, your operating system and browser type, cookies and any search items that you enter on our SITE. Our web server aggregates its effectiveness and improves content on our SITE to make your experiences easier and enjoyable to you.
- We may collect, compile, store, publish, promote, report, or otherwise disclose or use any AGGREGATE INFORMATION that we collect on our SITE.
Cookies are a feature of web browser software that allows web servers to recognize the computer used to access a site. They are small pieces of data stored by a user’s browser to simplify subsequent interactions on the site. This makes it easier for a user to move from site to site and to complete interactions over the Internet.
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We have listed them so that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies on your web browser:
- _session_id, unique token, sessional: allows SHOPIFY to store information about your sessions (referrer, landing page, etc).
- _shopfy_visit, no data held: persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit. Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits to the SITE.
- _shopify_uniq, no data held expires at midnight (time zone relative to visitor) of the next day and counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
- Cart, unique token, persistent for two weeks and stores information about the contents of your cart.
- _secure_session_id, unique token sessional.
- Storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite. May be used to determine is a user has access to the SITE or areas of the SITE where a password(s) may be required.
- The SITE may add additional cookies to collect information about how the SITE is used and additional PASSIVE INFORMATION such as date, times of visits; pages viewed; time spent on the SITE, sites visited before or after visiting our SITE, etc. may be used in aggregate and anonymous fashion.
- Here is a list of cookies that we use. We have listed them so that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies on your web browser:
- We collect social media pixel data, meta-tag data and other relevant online advertising data. We use this data to effectively market our brand and serve up relevant content to users who engage on our social media pages and on the SITE. We use this data for research, product development, marketing, brand awareness, and to increase user experience with the brand. You can opt out of participating in this data through the security sections of the various social media and browser platforms you may use.
PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION (PII): PII is information that identifies and is reasonably linked to you. PII can be gathered on information when you engage with the SITE as follows:
- Registration: When you register to receive emails, sign up for SMS/MMS messages, enter contests, sign-up for restock alerts, and/or other types of activities that actively require you to register.
- Ordering: When you place an order for our products, we collect PII to include name, address, email, phone number and credit card information. This PII is used to process payment for your order, deliver your order, and communicate the status of your order with you.
- Credit Card and Debit Card Storage: Credit and debit card information collected for orders is used only to process payment for a transaction, and generally is not retained on our SITE. If you voluntarily elect to securely store your credit card or debit card information to be used on product orders, you may do so.
- Surveys and Promotions: On occasion, you may voluntarily provide PII when you participate in polls, surveys, or questionnaires. We use this information to improve your experience with our SITE, products, and processes.
- Marketing Preferences: Information you provide may be used for marketing and promotional communication and engagement. At any time, you may opt-out of marketing email, mail, SMS/MMS texting by selecting the opt-out feature.
- Email Marketing: With your permission, we may send you emails about our products, promotions, or other updates. You may opt out of these emails at any time by simply clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of each email.
- SMS/MMS Mobile Text Marketing: With your permission, we may send you SMS/MMS or text messages about your order status, promotions, products, or other pertinent information. You may opt out of these messages at any time by clicking the link in the text to unsubscribe.
CONSENT: When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify credit card information, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting your information and using it for a specific purpose only.
- Secondary Consent: If we ask for personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing or surveys, etc., we will ask for your consent directly and/or provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of providing that information.
- Withdraw Consent for Contacting: If after you opt-in and change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mailing a letter to:
VERIBELLA, PO BOX 49758, COLORADO SPRINGS, CO 80949 USA
AGE OF CONSENT: By using this SITE you represent that you are at least, 18 years or older and are of legal majority in your location of residence.
- Children’s Privacy Protection: We take special care to protect the privacy needs of children and encourage parents to be active in monitoring their child’s/children’s online activities. Our SITE does not target and not intended for children under the age of 18, and we will not knowingly collect PII from them. If we discover personal data from a child through our SITE, we will eliminate that data.
- You may learn more about protecting children’s privacy online by visiting: https://ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/privacy-and-security/children
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Broadly speaking, persons we employ directly to as contractors/agents at our directions may use ACTIVE INFORMATION for purposes of administering our core business functions such as fulfilling orders, providing customer service and support, etc.
We use PASSIVE INFORMATION to gather information about our SITE and user experiences to better understand patterns, behaviors, etc. and using that data to enhance the experiences, processes, speed, and marketing.
We may use ACTIVE INFORMATION and/or PASSIVE INFORMATION to contact you about various changes to our SITE, new services, products, promotions, etc. You may opt out of this communication at any time by selecting the unsubscribe link in the message or by contacting us at Support@veribella.com.
Additionally, we reserve the right to use ACTIVE INFORMATION and/or PASSIVE INFORMATION to prevent, detect, or investigate fraud, security breaches, or any other potentially prohibited or illegal activity. Furthermore, necessary PII may be shared with third-party providers in the prevention of fraud, illegal activities, and security breachers. It is possible that your personal information may be shared with fraud prevention agencies. If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details of this fraud may also be passed to supporting agencies. Likewise, law enforcement and governmental agencies may access and use certain information pursuant to any law, regulation, or subpoena. This applies to information as it relates to both open and closed accounts. Third parties who perform services for us as it pertains to security, payment, etc. may also have access to your information in the performance of delivering services rendered.
We may also disclose anonymous information about user habits to third party advertisers on our SITE. Should we buy or sell assets of our company to another company we may need to review our company’s assets, which may include your information, in order to make business decisions.
SMS/MMS, TEXT MESSAGING & EMAIL
Pursuant to SMS/MMS text messaging and email notifications, when you enter your phone number and email in during the checkout process, you agree that we may send you text messages and emails pursuant to your order, abandoned cart reminders, promotions, special offers, or other messages and use third parties to facilitate communication with you. Text message and email frequency may vary, and you may opt-out of these messages at any time by selecting the opt-out link in the messages or by replying STOP via SMS/MMS text message. Message and data rates may apply.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits residents of California to request disclosure of provided information through use of the SITE as a user to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To request this information please remit a request via email to email@example.com or by mail to: VERIBELLA, PO BOX 49758, COLORADO SPRINGS, CO 80949 USA
INTEGRITY & ACCURACY OF INFORMATION PROVIDED
You agree that ACTIVE INFORMATION submitted by you is true, accurate, complete, and that you are authorized to use such information. If at any time, information is provided that is deemed false or misleading, we reserve the right to terminate services and/or participation in any services provided.
HOW WE SECURE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure your information is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. We acknowledge your trust and are committed to take reasonable steps to protect your PII, provided from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access. We employ physical, electronic, and managerial processes to safeguard and secure your information. It is your responsibility to safeguard and secure your information as you access the SITE.
SMS/MMS, TEXT & EMAIL COMMUNICATION OUTSIDE OF SECURED FORMS
Individual postings on the SITE or other communications with you via SMS/MMS, email, or standard mail may not be secure unless we advise you that security measures are in place prior to your submission of information. Therefore, if you choose to communicate with the company or members of the company through these means, you assume the risk of doing so and we request you refrain from sending sensitive or potentially sensitive information through these means.
We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to protect the transmission of information you send to us when you submit information on our secure online forms. If you provide us with your credit card information we use SSL technology with AES-256 encryption. While no method of transmission is 100% secure, we adhere to all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional practices generally accepted as industry standards.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES & PAYMENT GATEWAYS
Certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways, payment processors, and payment transaction service providers have their own privacy policies. It is suggested that you view the policies of these third party sites and providers prior to using their service for payment.
SHOPIFY & OUR STORE
Our online store is hosted by SHOPIFY Inc. (SHOPIFY) and they provide us with our online, e-commerce platform that allows us to share, promote, and sell our products to you. When you engage with our online store (STORE), your information and data is stored through SHOPIFY’s data storage, databases, and application. SHOPIFY stores your information on a secure server behind a firewall.
- PAYMENT GATEWAYS: If you opt to make a payment using a payment gateway, SHOPIFY stores your credit card data, secured through an encrypted Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction is stored only for the duration in which it takes to complete your transaction and is deleted upon completion.
- PCI-DSS: PCI-DSS is a set of security standards regulated by the PCI Security Standards Council. The PCI Security Standards Council is a joint effort in partnership with leading card providers such as American Express, VISA, MasterCard, and Discover; and ensures the secure handling of credit card information by our STORE and it’s service providers.
- SHOPIFY’s TERMS & CONDITIONS: https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms
- SHOPIFY’s PRIVACY STATEMENT: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
YOUR USE OF OUR SITE, MEANS THAT YOU ACCEPT THE PRACTICES SET FORTH IN THIS POLICY. YOUR CONTINUED USE INDICATES YOUR AGREEMENT TO ANY CHANGES.