Written by VERIBELLA
Are you seeking a gentler, yet effective alternative to retinol for your skincare regimen? Look no further than Bakuchiol, a plant-based retinol alternative making waves in the beauty industry. This miraculous ingredient offers all the benefits of traditional retinol without the harsh side effects, making it a game-changer for those with sensitive skin. In this blog, we'll explore the wonders of Bakuchiol and how you can incorporate it into your skincare routine.
- What is Bakuchiol?
- Benefits of Using Bakuchiol
- How to Incorporate Bakuchiol Into Your Skincare Routine
What is Bakuchiol?
Bakuchiol is a natural compound extracted from the seeds and leaves of the babchi plant (Psoralea corylifolia). Hailed as a potent retinol alternative, this serum has been gaining popularity due to its ability to provide similar results without causing irritation or dryness. Discovered in 1966 from the seeds of the babchi plant, bakuchiol is not a new compound. Bakuchiol has been used in eastern cultures for years and it was first used on topically in 2007. In 2018-2019, the University of California at Davis, facilitated a double-blind study to test the effectiveness between bakuchiol and retinol for facial photoaging. The results were incredible. The study determined that both bakuchiol and retinol both significantly decreased wrinkle surface area and hyperpigmentation. Furthermore, research showed no statistical difference in results between the two compounds at a dosage of .5%, over a period of 12 weeks.
Benefits of Using Bakuchiol
The remarkable benefits of bakuchiol make it a must-try for anyone looking to upgrade their skincare game. Here are some of the key advantages of using this retinol alternative:
- Gentle on the Skin: Unlike retinol, bakuchiol is suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin. It doesn't cause redness, flaking, or irritation, making it a more tolerable option for those who struggle with traditional retinol products.
- Anti-Aging Properties: Bakuchiol effectively reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by promoting collagen production and improving skin elasticity.
- Brightens Complexion: This retinol alternative helps even out skin tone, fade dark spots, and reveals a more radiant complexion.
- Fights Acne: Bakuchiol possesses anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that helps combat acne-causing bacteria and reduces inflammation.
How to Incorporate Bakuchiol into Your Skincare Routine
Integrating bakuchiol into your skincare routine is simple. To get maximum effect, opt for a serum that contains bakuchiol along with vitamin C and fatty-acids. Here is a simple skincare routine to help you get started:
- Cleanse: Start with a clean canvas by thoroughly double cleansing your face to remove dirt, oil, SPF, and makeup.
- Apply a Bakuchiol Serum: On clean, dry skin simply dispense a few drops of serum onto your fingertips and gently press it into your skin. Once pressed into the skin, gently massage.
- Moisturize: After allowing the bakuchiol serum to absorb, follow up with your favorite moisturizer to lock in hydration and maintain a healthy skin barrier.
- Don’t Skip the Sunscreen: Since bakuchiol doesn't increase sun sensitivity like retinol, it's safe to use during the day. However, it's still essential to apply broad-spectrum sunscreen daily to protect your skin from harmful UV rays. Opt for a clean, mineral-based SPF and apply as the last step of your morning skincare routine.
In conclusion, bakuchiol is an exceptional retinol alternative that offers numerous benefits without the harsh side effects. By incorporating bakuchiol into your skincare routine, you'll enjoy smoother, more radiant skin with reduced signs of aging. Give bakuchiol a try and experience the difference for yourself!
Need a good bakuchiol based serum? Try VERIBELLA’s Advanced Super Serum with bakuchiol, vitamin C, and essential fatty acids in a luxurious formula made for all skin types.